A guide to e-commerce in Serbia
Selling in Serbia is worth considering for many international e-commerce sellers.
E-commerce in Serbia – Market Forcast Revenue
- Revenue in the e-commerce market amounts to US$400m in 2020
- Revenue is expected to show an annual
growth rate (CAGR 2020-2024) of 7.1%, resulting in a market volume of US$526m by 2024
E-commerce in Serbia – Market Forcast Users
- User penetration is 72.3% in 2020 and
is expected to hit 84.3% by 2024
E-commerce in Serbia – Market Forcast Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)
- The average revenue per user (ARPU) currently amounts to US$79.69 and is expected to hit US$91,39 by 2024
E-commerce in Serbia – Market By Age
- The top payment methods for digital purchases in
Serbia include prepaid cards, credit cards,mobiles and other.
The most popular online stores in Serbia are international e-commerce players such as Amazon,
eBay, and Alibaba, although domestic e-stores such as CT Retail (owner of ComTrade), Win Win,
and Tehnomanija also sell consumer electronics and appliances.
As of December 2017, Serbia had a population of 8.76 million people, out of which 6.33 million
were internet users, making the penetration rate stand at 72.2%.As of July 2018, the most popular
browser in the country by market share was Chrome (72.83%), followed by Firefox (9.92%), Safari
(4.62%), Opera (3.85%), Internet Explorer (2.62%), and Samsung Internet (2.34%).
Mobile commerce is shaping the future of e-commerce in Serbia, but also around the world.
When you localize your online store in Serbia for international markets, enable international
search engines to index your content to improve your organic international traffic. You can also
leverage services, such as Google Shopping and Facebook ads internationally.
To ship your products to Serbia you will have competitive international shipping rates, on
average 30% lower, and pass the lower cost on to your buyers, increasing your competitive
advantage.in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
We offer a wide range of services to start your e-commerce business in Serbia:
- Company formation with assistance in the bank account opening
- Easy sale with Serbian banks E-commerce service (Dedicated Merchant Accounts) and Aggregate Merchant Accounts
- Consultation by ex-bankers from our team regarding your business structuring
- Assistance to find the best e-commerce platform in Serbia
- Full legal support by our in house licensed lawyers
- 24/7 support in English, Russian, Spanish and Turkish
By providing expert knowledge, support and Family Office service along with other forms of support, Welcome to Serbia team can help you every step of the way.
Swiss International Partners – In partnership with Welcome to Serbia
Call us at + 381 60 0622942
Write us at email@example.com